Home > Ofsted
Pinewood Infant School was last inspected by Oftsed in September 2016, at which point the school was rated as 'Good'.
The inspection team highlighted the following strengths at the school:
- The school has a friendly, safe and caring atmosphere, so that pupils feel welcome and secure.
- The highly effective headteacher has worked closely with leaders and governors since her appointment a year ago to rapidly improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Pupils make good progress in reading, writing and mathematics.
- High quality specialist teaching ensures that children with speech and language needs make rapid progress and achieve well.
- Pupils work hard, have fun and learn very well. They are polite and respectful towards adults and each other.
- Pupils feel safe and behave well.
- Improvements in the governing body's role ensure that governors now hold leaders to account more effectively for pupils' achievement.
To read a copy of the full report please click here to download.