Pinewood Infant School was last inspected by Oftsed in September 2016, at which point the school was rated as ‘Good’.
The inspection team highlighted the following strengths at the school:
- The school has a friendly, safe and caring atmosphere, so that pupils feel welcome and secure.
- The highly effective headteacher has worked closely with leaders and governors since her appointment a year ago to rapidly improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Pupils make good progress in reading, writing and mathematics.
- High quality specialist teaching ensures that children with speech and language needs make rapid progress and achieve well.
- Pupils work hard, have fun and learn very well. They are polite and respectful towards adults and each other.
- Pupils feel safe and behave well.
- Improvements in the governing body’s role ensure that governors now hold leaders to account more effectively for pupils’ achievement.
To read a copy of the full report please click here to download.